Preparing for board exams takes a lot of effort and skill with lot of practice and hard work, especially if you are aiming for above 95% marks. Examinations can be nerve wrecking, and with anxious students and equally anxious parents working together to get the best of preparedness for exams, here are some most important points one should keep in mind while aiming for the pinnacle.
- Make sure you have read the chapters carefully and taken down important points. Reading from your own notes is always better than referring to someone else’s notes. Re-write them to ensure that you retain them.
- Make sure to solve sample papers and previous year papers (if available) under strict examination conditions. Time yourself while writing these papers and always keep time for revision.
- For calculation based questions, make sure to mention the units at the end of your answer. Not writing the units will cost you marks.
- If you are one of those who get distracted easily and have short attention spans, try studying in phases. Study for 50 minutes, take a 10 min break. Repeat.
- Our brain need oxygen, nutrition and ample amount of rest to maintain and enhance its cognitive abilities. So make sure you are eating a balanced diet with lots of almonds and walnuts. Try getting a little jog in the morning for the oxygen part and atleast 7 – 8 hours of sleep, especially the day before your exam.
- In answering questions that involve elaborate explanation, write in points. Examiners prefer neatly laid out points rather than a messed up bunch of text that lacks clarity. Write the answers to the point using technical language.
- Always keep your wrist watch at a place where you have it in your field of view while writing the answers. This way you’ll keep a check on the timings making sure to dedicate ample time for important questions.
- On the day of the exam, it’s important to keep your confidence high and have a high spirited approach. Do not get into last minute problem solving and discussion with friends. If you have prepared well, have faith and confidence in yourself and give it your best attempt.
Everyone has their unique way of studying that works best for them. These were a few helpful points which will keep you organised and prepared. Here’s wishing success for everyone for their forth coming board examinations and hoping all of you will succeed with flying colours!
LLT Education Services | www.lltes.com